Alfalfa (Also Available In Organic)
Due to worldwide seed shortages some seed mixtures and items have been modified or are unavailable in 2022.
Alfalfa is the main legume that is used in hay production. Alfalfa is usually cut 3 to 4 times a year, however some varieties are cut 5 times. Alfalfa is also used in pastures with specially bred pasture varieties.
Suitable Soil Types
Sand | Loam | Clay (bar goes halfway through sand and fully through Loam and Clay)
Seeds Per lb
- Bulletproof HD®: Improved digestibility with Race 2 Aphanomyces Resistant
- Extreme HD®: Low lignin, improved digestibility (Additional Information - PDF)
- Endurance: Race 2 Aphanomyces resistant (Additional Information - PDF)
- Perfection: Standfast 4 to 5 cut haylage variety (Additional Information - PDF)
- Performer: Exceptional leaf to stem ratio, used for dry hay and export market (Additional Information - PDF)
- Haygrazer: Pasture variety with sunken crown (Additional Information - PDF)
- GESECO Brand: Two unique varieties blended together
- Alfalfa: Economically priced